Module 3 begins with a 20 minute audio-visual presentation featuring cartoon narrator, Otto P. Stump-jumper—a plant management specialist. Building on lessons learned in Modules 1 and 2, this presentation covers concepts related to the Big Ideas of Interdependence, Practice of Science, and Science and Society, to name a few.
- Identify the difference between non-native and invasive plants
- Be able to discuss the necessity of plant management (Why do we need to “manage” invasive plants?)
- Define “maintenance control” and “crisis management” and identify the difference between the two
- Identify three main strategies needed for invasive plant management
- Define “integrated plant management”
- Identify four main methods used to control invasive plants.