Aquatic, Wetland and Invasive Plant Glossary
| j | k
| q | r
Click one of the letters above to be taken to a page of all terms beginning with that letter.
- wet weight search for term
- - same as fresh weight; weight of plants after the outer surface covering of water has been removed. Wet weight is not a reliable measurement since methods to prepare plants prior to weighing vary considerably.
- wet woodland search for term
- - a wooded area having surface water some of the time, for intermittent short periods.
- whorl search for term
- - n. (AS. hweorfan, to turn) circle of flowers, parts of a flower, or leaves arising from one point; verticil.
- whorled search for term
- - a., when three or more leaves are arranged at the same level on a stem, typical of such plants as hydrilla.
- woody search for term
- - a. (ME. woddy, wody, fr. wode, wood + -y) of or containing wood or wood fibers; consisting mainly of hard lignified tissues.