Brett Sellers, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor - Agronomy
Educate cattle ranchers and ranchette owners on cost effective weed control strategies for weed control in pastures and rangeland
- Evaluate economically relevant weed control programs, which optimize forage production.
- Identify cost effective weed control programs for forage grasses such as bahiagrass, limpograss, bermudagrass and other commonly grown forages.
- Identify grazing and fertility management systems that promote forage growth and suppress weed emergence and establishment.
Weed management in pastures and rangeland
- Identify problematic weeds in pastures and rangeland and implement economically and environmentally sound control measures.
- Examine weed biology and ecology as related to pasture and rangeland management strategies.
- Weed control in fence rows and pasture borders.
Invasive weed management
- Identification of invasive weeds and management strategies, which includes cultural, herbicidal, and biological control methodologies.
- Biology of invasive plant species.
3401 Experiment Station
Ona, FL 33865
Phone: (863) 735-1314 extension #210
FaX: (863) 735-1930