How You Can Help
Boat prop with Hydrilla.
Preventing the introduction and spread of non-native invasive plants in Florida is the most effective and least expensive way to protect Florida’s natural habitats. Here are a few things we can all do:
- Learn to identify which plants are invasive, especially in your area.
- Always remove plant matter from boats and trailers after use.
- Practice good stewardship: never transport Florida’s aquatic or wetland plants to other areas, and never empty your aquarium into a body of water (not even a ditch).
- Volunteer to help remove invasive plants in your area.
- Avoid chopping aquatic plants with boat propellers as some plant fragments can grow into new infestations.
- Get the word out! By telling others about invasive plants, we can help prevent their spread.
Learn more about what you can do to prevent the spread of non-native and invasive plants: