- Scientific research on the prohibited aquatic plant species listed on this permit. Plants must be maintained to prevent dissemination and properly disposed of at the conclusion of the activity or expiration of this permit.
- Possession of: Alternanthera philoxeroides, Casuarina spp., Eichhornia crassipes, Hydrilla verticillata, Melaleuca quinquenervia, Myriophyllum spicatum, Schinus terebinthifolius, Hygrophila ploysperma, Limnophila sessiliflora, and Pistia stratiotes.
- Authorization to collect a small number of the prohibited aquatic plant species listed on this permit for research and/or educational purposes from sovereign submerged lands. Collection shall be conducted by hand removal and in a manner that does not negatively impact native plant communities.
- Collection of Mimosa pigra for scientific research only at the IFAS, Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants facility in Gainesville, Florida. Mature M. pigra plants maintained outside must be kept free of ripe seeds at all times.
- Scientific research on non-prohibited aquatic plant species. This permit represents authorization to collect a small number of non-prohibited plant species from sovereign submerged lands for research. Care must be taken to insure minimal disturbance of the collection site.
- This permit covers all faculty and staff of IFAS, Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants. County cooperative extension agents and staff, and faculty and staff of the State University System who are cooperating with the Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants may conduct activities involving the collection and transportation of aquatic plants for research and educational purposes under the conditions of this permit. However, cultivation or long term possession or display of prohibited aquatic plants at locations other then the permitted facility will require a separate site specific permit.
- This aquatic plant permit does not constitute permission to collect endangered, threatened, or otherwise protected plant species.
- Prior to collecting plants from private properties the Permittee must obtain the permission of the landowner. Prior to collecting plants from within the boundaries of Aquatic Preserves or State Parks, the Permittee must contact and obtain permission from the appropriate Preserve or Park Manager.
Program Administrator Date